Countdown to the Olympic Games is underway with just 4 days left to the most unforgettable show on earth. Once again, London is going to take center stage after Queen’s Jubilee earlier this year.
The buzz in the city is unbeatable and I wonder if public transport will prove as reliable. Just recently, as my train was approaching Kings Cross station, it was announced that we wouldn’t be stopping there due to an evacuation.
If the unexpected – transport disruption, staff absence, local events – is on your leaders’ minds, then why not help your organisation to prepare by:
1. Using Yammer as a virtual office where teams can get work done efficiently from any physical location.
2. Alerting commuting staff about office closures, security concerns and travel disruptions in real-time to sustain productivity and performance.
3. Gaining real-time visibility into your day-to-day operations and minimising risk of business disruptions.
4. Fostering an open and transparent culture to accelerate innovation, promote smarter ways of working and encourage people to think differently about their jobs.
5. Encouraging your employees to take part in sports for better health and fitness in the spirit of the Games.
And do your bit to stay focused and share Olympic experiences with colleagues by:
6. Working from where you are by seamlessly plugging into the virtual Yammer office.
7. Staying connected with your colleagues, customers and partners on mobile devices.
8. Remaining productive by sharing travel tips with your colleagues to avoid Games-related disruptions.
9. Collaborating with teams from multiple physical locations.
10. Sharing photos and stories from the Olympic events with your colleagues.
So what steps have you taken to help your organisation prepare for the Olympics? I would love to hear your stories, so share them to help others prepare for the fun and unpredictable times ahead!