With all the different knowledge management tools in use today, companies end up locking away lots of valuable data in information and communication silos across the business. As a result, employees often spend hours searching aimlessly for content stored across multiple apps, file servers, and databases. This frustrating process leaves a well of untapped knowledge and ultimately slows business down.
With Yammer’s new Universal Search engine, there’s finally a better way for employees to quickly find everything they need in one place. Now, users can search across applications behind the firewall and in the cloud from a single search bar. This includes any content created in Yammer, such as conversations, files, groups, and pages. It also includes any relevant information from third party apps like documents from SharePoint or purchase orders from SAP. Plus, Universal Search uses instant typeahead for faster results – it automatically displays matches as users enter search terms.
Universal Search will:
- Increase Efficiency: Find what you’re looking for faster. By reducing the need to switch platforms, Universal Search saves time and creates a more fluid, efficient workflow.
- Enhance Discovery: Uncover relevant information that may have been missed in the past. By surfacing content across applications, Universal Search brings you the most comprehensive results.
Universal Search works with dozens of enterprise applications through simple and secure turnkey integrations. Yammer uses the Open Graph protocol to collect third-party content in a deeper, more structured way than traditional web crawling technology. To protect your privacy, Yammer also carries over the access rights and permissions set in third-party applications. For example, only users with access to view a file in SharePoint will be able to see that file in Universal Search.
Current integrations include SAP, SharePoint, Salesforce.com, NetSuite, Spigit, TripIt, Badgeville, Zendesk, Expensify, GageIn, Sparqlight, Kindling, Subscribe HR, AffinityLive, UltiPro, and PlanView. We’ve also recently added six more partnerships to the list:
- Microsoft Dynamics: Find accounts, opportunities, leads, and more from this CRM software.
- Perks: Track updates from this incentive provider that motivates, recognizes, and rewards employees.
- UpMo: Follow the progress of internal mobility from this professional networking technology that helps companies retain their top talent.
- UserVoice: Surface online feedback and help desk items from this knowledge base software in Yammer.
- Senexx: Automatically route questions from this intelligence engine to experts and relevant groups on Yammer. Sync profiles with LinkedIn.
- Sciforma: This project and portfolio management software helps companies track portfolios, projects, resources, and documents.
Our partner ecosystem is growing fast. If the apps you use aren’t on our list, feel free to post requests. To learn more about Universal Search, check out this recording of our webinar: