We have listened to your feedback on our desktop application, and are truly thrilled to announce Yammer Desktop 2.0. We have built this app from the ground up, to deliver notifications, threaded conversations, and direct messages — in real time — directly to the desktop. We will be rolling this out to existing users of the Yammer desktop application over the course of several weeks. You can also download it directly from the website.
The new desktop application leverages features built for the Yammer web application. As you can see from “My feed” below, the new desktop user experience is comparable to the web experience:
New features include:
- Threaded Conversations – Easily follow conversations with replies displayed underneath the original message.
- Notifications – Keep track of new messages, @mentions, replies and more with notifications. View all notifications on a separate tab to ensure important messages are never missed:
- Direct Messages - Communicate privately with one or more colleagues and add additional participants to the conversation at any point.
- Topics - Create, edit, and use topics to tag content, enabling better curation and discovery of conversations.
- Document Viewer – Instantly access, edit and comment on documents appearing within the feed via a browser-based viewer.
Enjoy, and let us know your thoughts!