We believe that you, our customers, should be able to access the power of Yammer from wherever you are – mobile, desktop or web. Today, we are excited to announce integration with Seesmic Desktop 2. The Yammer – Seesmic integration allows users to access Yammer directly from the Seesmic desktop application, providing one application to access multiple networks. Seesmic Desktop 2 currently supports numerous external social networking applications, such as Facebook and Twitter. This integration seeks to bring external social listening and engagement together with enterprise communication and collaboration, into a single application.
• View your Yammer feed, directly from your Seesmic Desktop app – including company feed, replies, direct messages, sent messages, liked items, bookmarked items and RSS.
• Search your Yammer network by any keyword or phrase you’d like.
• Post new messages to Yammer, including support for attaching files.
• Using Seesmic’s ability to cross-post to several networks, you can now post Yams (when appropriate) to external networks.
• Reply to, like, or bookmark, any message in the feed.
• View user profiles, including past messages, user profile and “internal social graph”. You can follow your colleagues right from their profile view.
• Update your Yammer profile directly from Seesmic Desktop.
We truly hope that you will enjoy this integration, and that it will bring you additional efficiency that you have come to expect from both companies’ products. As always, we are here to listen to your feedback. For any product improvements and recommendations, please visit our user forum.
The plugin is now available to all users of Seesmic and Yammer via a public beta, and will be listed in the Seesmic marketplace.
Check out Seesmic’s take on this integration here.