We’re pleased to introduce Yammer’s Microsoft® SharePoint® 2007 integration. Now, with the Yammer SharePoint Web Part, you can access your Yammer feed directly inside SharePoint, eliminating the need to toggle between SharePoint and Yammer. This seamless integration brings your Yammer conversations into your existing workflow. You’ll be able to collaborate on a document in SharePoint and then instantly share it with your colleagues on Yammer without having to leave SharePoint. The full list of features includes:
- Put a Yammer feed on virtually any SharePoint page.
- View and switch between Yammer feeds directly inside SharePoint.
- Post messages, links and files to Yammer directly from SharePoint.
- Works with Yammer Communities – your employees can securely communicate with external parties from inside SharePoint.
- Access profile information for Yammer members within SharePoint.
- Administrators control where Yammer feeds appear using SharePoint’s built-in Web Part controls and templates.
- Configure a Yammer feed to appear as read-only, and optionally make it visible to your SharePoint users without them needing a Yammer account.
- Search integration – Yammer messages appear alongside SharePoint search results.*
- Document list integration – post files to Yammer directly from SharePoint document lists.
* Search integration requires MOSS with Microsoft's Federated Search update.
To access the Microsoft® SharePoint® 2007 Web Part, please click here.
- Windows SharePoint Server 2007 (WSS)* or Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 (MOSS).
- Internet Explorer (the officially supported browser for accessing SharePoint 2007).
- You must have administrative access to your SharePoint Server to install this software.
Yammer integration with Microsoft® SharePoint® 2010 is currently being developed and will be available this summer.
Have questions about the Yammer Microsoft® SharePoint® integration? Please view our help resources here.